Van Eerden Trucking Company Inc 10299 S Kent Dr SW Byron Center, MI 49315 https://www.vetrucking.com/
Van Eerden is one of the leading trucking companies in Michigan. The company, which launched in 1980, has been family-owned and operated since day one. Today, their fleet consists of 165 tractors and 300 trailers, with dedicated lanes throughout the U.S.
Van Eerden serves the west coast, east coast, south, northwest, midwest, Michigan and local areas.
Van Eerden Jobs
While headquartered in Michigan, Van Eerden serves parts of California, Arizona, Iowa, Florida, Illinois, Idaho, Oklahoma, Ohio, Utah, Texas, Indiana and Washington.
Van Eerden’s coverage areas consist of:
- 80% OTR lanes
- 15% regional lanes
- 5% local lanes
The company specializes in hauling:
- Produce and plants
- Frozen foods
- General commodities
- Office furniture
- Household furnishings
Van Eerden Foodservice prefers to hire more experienced drivers who meet the following requirements:
- At least two years of over the road driving experience
- A good driving record
- Ability to pass DOT drug screen and physical
- Experience hauling produce is a plus
The company will consider anyone with at least one year of west coast experience, but they are not accepting drivers who are just out of CDL school. That may change in the future, but for now, they are only hiring experienced drivers.
Van Eerden drivers are expected to:
- Unload products from trailers and place them carefully in the customer’s designated storage area
- Collect customer payments when necessary
- Verify the accuracy of the delivery
- Provide professional customer service
- Lift, move or push products that weigh up to 50lbs. and sometimes greater than 75lbs.
- Perform duties within company practices
Drivers who work for Van Eerden receive:
- Consistent home time
- Great pay
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Short-term disability coverage
- 401(k) match with financial planning
- Life insurance
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Earned time off
- Additional opportunities for pay
- No pet deposit
- Passenger policy
- Employee referral bonus of up to $2,500
As for time off, Van Eerden offers:
- Up to 2 weeks in the first year
- 3 weeks after 5 years
- 4 weeks after 10 years
Van Eerden also offers opportunities for drivers to advance in their careers through their enhanced driving skill programs. The company is committed to supporting drivers and their success.
The company is known for its friendly dispatch, which is available 24/7. They’re also known for respecting their drivers and providing a family atmosphere in the workplace.
Drivers enjoy using top-notch equipment, which includes:
- 80-86″ sleepers
- NiteSystem for heating and cooling
- Nav System with Sirius Radio option (driver must pay for a subscription)
All of their tractors are either Peterbilt or Kenworth and just under 2 years old. Their trailers are only about 3 years old. With newer equipment, drivers have less to worry about when they’re out on the road.
Independent Drivers / Owner Operators
Van Eerden also has listings for independent drivers who are interested in operating their own businesses.
These drivers earn:
- $4,500 weekly gross
These drivers also enjoy benefits, like:
- A fuel program
- A low-cost maintenance program
- No forced dispatch
- Consistent freight year-round
- Consistent home time
- Trucks are available for sale at wholesale pricing
- Pull company trailers
However, to work as an independent driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- At least 21 years of age
- Tractor that’s 2015 or newer
- Valid Class A CDL
- Able to pass a drug test
Thanks to their local routes, great benefits package, respect for drivers and other perks, Van Eerden has a low turnover rate of 18%. Many of their drivers have been with the company for more than 7-10+ years. They appreciate the opportunities for growth and the consistent miles.
Drivers who work or have worked for Van Eerden say the work is tough, but the pay is good and the work is rewarding. Most drivers have nothing but praise for the company. They feel it’s a great place to grow and that the company works hard to make employees happy.